To become a member of the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors (Ogun State Chapter), read the guidelines below, and then follow the instructions below:
There shall be two categories of corporate membership namely: Fellow and Members. They shall be members of the INSTITUTION registered by Surveyors Council of Nigeria (SURCON) as Surveyors.
1. A Fellow is a Corporate Member who has been elevated after fulfilling all the conditions prescribed for the elevation as a specified in the Constitution and shall use the status designation of FNIS.
2. A full member of the INSTITUTION is eligible to be elevated to the status of the fellow.
3. Such a Full Member shall not less than 35 years of age as at the time of application.
4. Be fully interested and involved in the activities of the INSTITUTION at both the state branch and national levels.
5. Be financially up to date at all-time ensuring that payments are made as at when due.
6. Be not less than 10 years standing as a corporate member with a record of noteworthy contributions on the progress, work ideals, and aspiration of the INSTITUTION and the profession.
7. In exceptional cases of outstanding merit, the INSTITUTION at its direction may recommend any member of fewer than 10 years standing for elevation to fellowship status.
8. Shall be entitled to the use of the designation FNIS (Fellow of the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors) after the investiture ceremony.
Any member who aspires to enroll as a member shall be one with SURCON Registration with active professional practice. He shall be entitled to the use of the designation MNIS (Member of the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors).
Non-corporate members shall comprise: Associates, Probationers, Students, Sustaining Members and Honorary Fellows.
Associate Members shall be any member with:
1. At least a First Degree or Professional Diploma/Post Graduate Diploma in Surveying and Geoinformatics or its equivalent recognized by SURCON.
2. HND in Surveying and Geoinformatics.
3. Any person who has passes the SURCON examination for Technologist with at least two years’ post qualification experience.
4. An Associate shall be entitled to the designation ANIS (Associate of the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors).
A Probationer shall be:
1. Any person who passes SURCON Examination for Technologists,
2. Any person who passes SURCON Examination for Technicians with at least two years’ post-graduation experience,
3. Any person who has a National Diploma in Surveying and Geoinformatics approved by the INSTITUTION and recognized by SURCON.
Student membership shall be open to any person who is pursuing a full-time course of study in Surveying and Geoinformatics at any INSTITUTION which curriculum is approved by SURCON.
1. Download, print and fill the applicant’s biodata PDF Form on the download page.
2. Pay your membership fees into our Access Bank account and get the teller.
ACCT NAME: NIGERIAN INSTITUTION OF SURVEYORS
ACCT NO: 0034131275
3. Submit Form at the NIS Ogun Chapter Secretariat, either in person or by courier.
For questions or inquiries, please contact us or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.